Monday, November 21, 2011

P90X Review: P90X Ab Ripper X Review

Weekend Pic: Check out this super cute picture of my nephew!! I would love to use it for my cake business but even though it wasnt taken at my house or with my equipment Im sure people would think it was unsanitary LOL. Its cute though!!!! We made cake at my sisters house and then tried our hands at cake pops- which were semi-successful in the looks department. Very successful in the taste department. Failure in the diet department LOL.

Today's Tip: Coffee Alternative: Licorice Tea 

Even if you didn’t like licorice candy as a child, you’ll appreciate the benefits of sweet, spicy licorice tea. The bold-tasting brew is actually caffeine-free, but supports overburdened adrenal glands, which are organs that respond to stress. “Licorice is an adrenal tonic and increases energy. It adds a pleasant taste to tea blends and can also be taken in tincture form,” explain Dr. Linda B. White and Steven Foster, authors of The Herbal Drugstore. Read more on Shape


P90X: Ab Ripper X
Tony Horton, 2004 *** (3 of 5 stars)

This is a 16 minute floor ab routine led by Tony in a dim gym set w/ 3 backgrounders. One shows modifications. You wont need any equipment for this workout. There is a countdown timer for the workout & each exercise duration.

This is a nonstop ab/core workout. Each exercise Nothing fancy but it really works those abs- you could do half of this and get some great ab workout in in my opinion LOL. Exercises include: V extensions, bicycle legs, crunchy frog, sit up toe touches, scissor leg drops, frog hip lifts, heels to heaven, roll up C curve, side lying oblique crunch, 1 leg extended sit ups, and twists.

This is an advanced ab workout. My abs were fried! Tony moves right along though I didnt feel rushed. He provides plenty of options and encourages you to take breaks when needed. He is chatty but not overly so. While this is def a kick butt ab workout I dont see myself reaching for it often (ever) since its nothing too exciting.

Today's LOLz:


No comments:

Post a Comment