Monday, February 13, 2012

Andromeda Trumbull's NEW Burn at the Barre Review

Today's Review: Burn at the Barre
Andromeda Trumball, 2011

Andromeda & Helena rotate instructing sections of this fully chaptered 63 minute workout. You will need a barre or chair, a pilates or weighted ball, and light hand weights for this workout. Their are three exercisers each performing a different intensity- offering beginner, intermediate, and advanced options.

The chapters are broken down into basically: warmup, standing barre, dancy standing barre, upper body, core work, lower body floor work, and cooldown, stretch. They do a fantastic job of using the ball to add variety & challenge to the Lower body work: lots of pliets, standing leg sweeps, hip shifts, pretzel, calf raises, portabra, hip beats, & bridge. Upper body: with the use of light weights, wiper pushes adding hip shifts, rear fly, alternating military presses, lateral pushes, tricep series, & a plank series. Core work includes great use of the ball for reverse crunches, long lever oblique crunches, and swimming & superman lower back work.

I rate this workout beginner to advanced depending on which modifier you follow- love that they include something for everyone & I love the addition of the ball-makes the core work tough. Great standing pilates fused w/ ballet & barre. Tough floor lower body & core work. Nice little mix and the instructors are obviously very knowledgeable about pilates & instruction. I received this dvd to review.

For more information & to find out about all their awesome workouts:
Visit the Pilates Sports Center website
Check out the Pilates Sports Center blog
Like Pilates Sports Center on Facebook


Random Update: I have posted about my neck & knee pain before so I thought I would share my good news. Long story short: Tore the ligaments in my knee about 15 years ago, they healed wrong, I walk wrong on that foot, so I its screwed up the alignment in my back & the pain is constant in my neck & usually shooting pain in my head because of it. I have to sleep flat on my back, which causes low back pain, can only wear certain shoes, cant sleep in crappy hotel beds for very long so vacation is always fun, etc.....SO A few weeks before our trip, it got really bad- really really bad. Couldnt exercise, could hardly move and I was fed up- Ive been dealing w/ basically constant pain for years and I just couldnt take it anymore SO I called the AZ Pain Centers and went ahead and went in. I had my 3rd appt today and I feel better than I have in YEARS. Its basically a series of injections in your problem areas. I would highly recommend them (or something similar) in your area if you are living in pain. I can actually turn my neck LOL! I dont know how I would have made it through vacation beds last week if I hadnt gone in before we left. I am very thankful!!!


Cruise Pics: So after our days in CA & Knotts Berry Farm we boarded our cruise ship (it was our first of hopefully many cruises). We had a fantastic time! We ported from Long Beach, stopped in Catalina Island, and Ensenada Mexico, and had a day at sea as well. It was a 4 day cruise (Mon evening - Fri morning). Next time we will probably try to go longer because we had such a great time this go-round! Heres my first round of pics (more to come!): on-board pics: 
Carnival Inspiration in Long Beach
In our cabin, we had teeny tiny view windows
I saw this coconut monkey head on the web before we left & knew I must have one :) 
Formal Night!
Oh yes I did order 2 lobsters on lobster night!
DH as we were leaving Long Beach
Today's Tip: DITCH SUGARY DRINKS AND SODAS
Fred DeVito, co-creator of the "Exhale: Core Fusion" DVD series recommends ditching sugary drinks of all kinds—including regularsodas, diet sodas, and high-calorie coffee drinks. "Eliminate sugary drinks and diet soda, which can trigger your craving for sweets," he says. "These beverages are loaded with unwanted calories. Read more on Shape.

Today's LOL:

No comments:

Post a Comment